Why Order Bulk Meat?
If you never have bought bulk meat before it can seem to be an intimidating process. It’s a large quantity of meat and a lot money, so why go through this process instead of continuing to buy meat at the grocery store? To those who have been buying bulk meat, there is no question of why buying in bulk has many advantages over buying individual cuts at the grocery store.
- Price: Grass-fed & finished, all natural meat is extremely expensive at the store (not to mention very difficult to locate, since it’s mainly only special grocery stores that carry grass-fed & finished meats) . Most stores are charging a minimum of $7/lb for ground beef! Buying bulk meat from Cunningham Pastured Meats is a direct transaction from the producer to the consumer (no middle man), so we get our premium for raising it and you get your discount from buying directly from the producer. Win, win for both parties.
- Knowledge of beef origins: It is almost impossible to track meat that is purchased at the store. Most meat comes from large feedlots to large processing facilities, so keeping tabs on where that meat ends up is nearly impossible. Not to mention you have no idea how that animal was raised and what illnesses, vaccinations, antibiotics or hormones it received while being raised. At Cunningham Pastured Meats we raise healthy grass-fed animals, we only send healthy viable animals to harvest. We never use antibiotics or hormones on our animals and you can be assured your family is getting meat that is healthy and was processed in a humane and clean manor.
- Taste: If you haven’t had the pleasure of eating grass-fed meats lately, then you have been missing out. There is a surprising element missing in conventional meat. Taste. Beef actually tastes like beef. Pork is full of flavor and a juicy taste that conventional pork cannot ever match. Lamb has a distinct but delicious taste, without the strong overpowering flavor of fat that is produced in grain-fed lamb. Time and time again taste is the number one reason why people keep coming back to buy our meats.
- Ease of life: When you have a freezer full of meat, there’s no walking through the meat department trying to decide which cuts to buy and trying to get it home and use it in a timely manner. You have a large array of meat selection at your finger tips in your own home. Need 6 lbs of ground beef for a BBQ? Just take out of your freezer and thaw. Steaks for a special guest? Just take out of your freezer and thaw. It also gives you assurance that if anything were to happen that you have a freezer full of high quality meat to feed your family.
- Price locked in: Once you purchase your meat your price for your meat is locked in, despite what the market does and meat prices are not going down anytime soon.
- Supporting local businesses and agriculture: Your helping local small producers stay in business and provide for their families. Cunningham Pastured Meats is a new business, but the ranch which we live on has been in our family for over 100 years. The meat processor we use is a small-town processing facility that does an outstanding job with our meat and provides jobs for their small town community.
- Regenerative agriculture practices: Everyone wants to have cleaner water, air, and soils, but unfortunately conventional farming practices are one of the biggest contributors to pollution. However, by supporting Cunningham Pastured Meats you are supporting the agriculture practices that are focusing on regenerating soil health, cleaning water sources and sequestering carbon by proven good cattle management practices.
We cannot thank our customers enough for the support they give us! Here at Cunningham Pastured Meats we are happy to help you through the meat ordering process. Never hesitate to ask any questions!